Paintless Dent Repair, or paintless dent removal (PDR), is the fastest, most affordable, and least intrusive process for vehicle dent repair.
Our PDR process has made us the world's leading paintless dent repair company. In addition to PDR, Dent Wizard is the innovator of various SMART (small to medium area repair techniques) repairs.
Our trained technicians are experts in PDR. We use the latest technologies to repair door dings and dents and hail damage without affecting your original paint job.
Dent Wizard technicians complete rigorous PDR training to become experts in the field. Our technicians perform a wide variety of paintless dent repairs each day across the United States and Canada.
Using special tools, Dent Wizard can restore your vehicle to its original condition. The PDR process is completed at a fraction of the cost in a fraction of the time!
WHAT IS PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR (PDR)?
Paintless Dent Repair is an environmentally friendly repair method that restores a vehicle’s body to factory-like condition in a fraction of the time at a fraction of the cost. PDR can be used to remove dings and dents from vehicles, as well as creases and hail damage.
As long as the paint is not chipped or cracked, PDR is an excellent alternative to traditional repairs.
HOW DOES PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR WORK?
Each day, hundreds of Dent Wizard’s PDR technicians across the country safely restore vehicles to their original factory condition without compromising a vehicle’s original painted finish, or a consumer’s wallet. Here’s how PDR works.
First, technicians assess the damage of the vehicle. Where is the dent? How big is the dent? How do we get to the dent? After assessing the damage and determining if it can be effectively removed through PDR (as 80-90% of all dents are), we begin working on the repair.
Then, technicians gain access to the dent. In most cases, PDR requires a technician to access the back side of the dent, which means carefully removing body panels, taillights, or in some cases, interior panels. To perform PDR, you need a pathway to the dent.
Once the technician has access to the dent, it’s time to get a better look.
Dent Wizard uses a special light board to give our technician a better look at the offending dent from his or her point of view.
The board highlights the dent on the panel, telling the tech where to precisely place tools behind the dent to massage the body back to its original condition.
Finally, we apply pressure to work out the dent. Special tools are then utilized to carefully massage the exterior back to its original position.
The PDR process can be completed with same-day service, depending on a dent’s severity, and the results are amazing; even more so considering how non-invasive and quick the process really is.
Seeing is believing. Watch the PDR process from start to finish below.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS about paintless dent repair
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR?
PDR is a smart choice for your vehicle repair. If your vehicle has been hit with hail or dinged by a shopping cart, paintless dent repair is a great choice. Compared to traditional dent removal, there are many benefits to PDR.
- Paintless dent repair is affordable. PDR doesn’t require a vehicle owner to purchase new panels or replacement paint. These factors make it a more affordable option compared to traditional repairs.
- Paintless dent repair is quick. Traditional repairs are complex. They also require waiting periods for new parts or new paint. PDR is completed through one specialized process without body filler and gets your car back on the road fast.
- Paintless dent repair boosts vehicle resale value. Applying new paint over a vehicle’s factory finish significantly reduces a vehicle’s resale value. Keeping the factory finish intact is a key benefit to PDR.
WHAT KIND OF DAMAGE CAN BE REPAIRED USING PDR
Paintless Dent Repair can remove a variety of dents, dings, and creases.
If there is no damage to the paint, the dent, ding, or crease is likely repairable using PDR.
PDR is an excellent solution to help restore your vehicle with dents of all sizes, including small hail damage and large creases.
HOW LONG DOES PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR TAKE?
Standard paintless dent repairs are very time efficient. In many cases, it can be completed same day. However, PDR times can vary based on severity of damage such as size, positioning on vehicle, and quantity of dents, dings, or creases. Hail damage may take a few days to completely remove all the damage on the surface area of the vehicle.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR AND TRADITIONAL DENT REPAIR?
Traditional dent repair fills in auto body dents with body filler, which is then painted to match the rest of the vehicle’s exterior. While this process can make a vehicle look as good as new, it doesn’t address the actual dent in a way that is a sustainable, long-term solution.
Traditional repairs are also time-consuming, expensive and can impact the re-sale value of your vehicle.
Paintless Dent Repair, on the other hand, requires no fillers and no sanding. More and more consumers are finding PDR to be an effective and inexpensive alternative to getting minor repairs done at a body shop.
PDR offers more “bang for your buck” than traditional dent repair methods and is a great way to care for your vehicle’s exterior.
WHY IS DENT WIZARD THE LEADING PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR COMPANY?
There are many reasons customers choose Dent Wizard:
- We are constantly improving PDR. Dent Wizard is dedicated to technology and innovation. Over the last three decades, we have perfected this process, making us the world leader in paintless dent repair.
- We maintain a vehicle’s value – Dents and dings decrease the resale value of vehicles. Paintless Dent Repair returns vehicles to the original factory condition without affecting the factory paint finish.
- We turn your vehicle over quickly. Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) by Dent Wizard is a same-day service. This makes it easier to focus on more important things.
- We provide reliable, warrantied repairs. Each Dent Wizard repair is backed by a 100% customer satisfaction and limited lifetime warranty, in writing.
Dent Wizard holds a commitment to quality service. Our dedicated, highly skilled technicians make customers feel great about their repaired vehicle.